Wednesday, March 29, 2006

In A Rut?

It occurs to me in reading the latest entries in my blog that I do not do nearly as many "Touristy" things as I did a year ago. Oh, my god! Is living in London in the long term jading me to my surroundings?

There are probably tons of things that I have yet to do and to see here in the UK and yet every weekday I have my set procedure. I ride into the office some time between 06:00 and 06:30, work until some time between 11:00 and noon, go for about an hour's bike ride. Work for the remainder of the afternoon with a somewhat longer bike ride when I get off some time between 16:45 and 18:00. If I am feeling social (and when am I not feeling social?) I stop at the pub for an hour or so at the end of my ride and then I am home in bed by 21:00 or so.

Weekends, I do a little paperwork and some administrative tasks that I do not have time for during the weekday schedule, then go for a ride with my cameras. (Usually, this is either into the Teddington/Bushy Park direction or over in the direction of Surbiton and Kingston.

Hmmm! I think I am working my way into a rut. (Or at least a well worn groove.) I guess I will have to think-up something different to do this week and weekend.

I hope wherever you are today you are doing something new and exciting.

Don Bergquist - 29-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom