Sunday, March 05, 2006

Pub Crawl

There are seven pubs that I pass on the most direct path between the house I am living in and the King's Arms. An interesting fact that I know because I have had beers in every one of them. Last night, as a matter of fact!

A friend of mine wanted to go on a pub crawl so we met for dinner in Kingston and headed south west along the river toward my place. We stopped at the four pubs we passed along the way. By the time we were back at my place we decided that we were having fun so we kept going along the river and hit only the pubs that were on the side of the road we were on.

I still prefer the Kings' Arms to the other pubs in the area. By the time we reached the King's Arms it was after 22:00 and the pub was packed! Apparently, some guy had hired the back three rooms for a birthday party for his kid. The place was crowded with people, possibly about half-of-which where not of legal age to drink. (Over here the legal age is 18.)

For the first time ever, in my experience of the pub there were five people working the bar and they were just barely keeping up! It was interesting to see the coordination of having that many people working the bar.

I hope that wherever you are, you have something to celebrate today!

Don Bergquist - 05-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: