Friday, March 31, 2006

Winding Down

On my way into the office this morning it occurred to me that I had only two weeks left on this trip. I head back on Easter Sunday. Can you believe that the year is already a quarter over?!?!

Of course, it only occurred to me briefly. I was too struck by the changes. Seemingly overnight the ornamental cherry trees that line the road through Thames Ditton have started to bloom. The route that has been below ugly, bare branches for the past few months now wends it way below billowing pink clouds. (Now if only the wind would ease off a bit!)

This weekend should be a good one for pictures. The Wilderness has traded its whites and purples (crocuses) for creams and yellows. There are huge patches where you cannot even see the grass for all the daffodils. I will try and get pictures posted this weekend.

I hope that wherever you are today the wind is at your back and the colors are beautiful!

Don Bergquist - 31-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom.

No comments: