Wednesday, March 08, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

I guess you can come to think as any place as home, but I still miss Colorado.

I miss my friends back there and my dog and my home. London is great! Really, I am having a great time here in my off-time, but it is not like being home. Constantly I find myself thinking of Saga and wondering what trouble she is getting into.

When I am cooking in the kitchen here in the Thames Ditton house, I love the expansive kitchen... It's just not my cramped little kitchen. I miss not being able to turn around if there is someone else in the kitchen with me. Plus, I am never quite sure where things are and where they belong in this kitchen.

Then there is the alien nature of some of the places I have to go. Grocery stores, for instance. While I love the fact that you can buy liquor and wine in the same store as the rest of your groceries (what a savings of time if you are throwing a party!) the lay out of the stores here is based on some logic that still escapes me even after all this time. Perhaps, I'll get it some day. To-date, I still just wonder the store with my PDA shopping list looking for things in whatever sort the list is in and checking things off as I find them.

On the plus side, I do have a great circle of friends over here as well as the one back home. I move in some pretty cool circles and I am eternally grateful for the friends I have!

I hope wherever you are today you are surrounded by the friends that make your life brighter!

Don Bergquist - 08-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: