Saturday, March 04, 2006

Experimental Log

Thom Lehrer once uttered a line in an introduction to one of his songs that seemed like such a good idea I took umbrage at the snickering from the audience. He said that he was involved in an experiment to extend adolescence beyond all reasonable limits.

I have made it my personal goal to see exactly how long I can remain an adolescent. I am happy to say that I am still doing quite well! Thank you, very much.

It is just after 09:30 in the morning on Saturday and I have now been awake since 06:00 yesterday morning. What a weekend I am having already! Last night I went to the pub and feeling a bit knackered, I decided I would call it a night early. Well, as I have observed before in these entries, the best laid plans...

Some friends of mine showed-up and conspired to keep me at the pub (as if that is hard to do) until closing time when the barman and a group of his friends suggested we go to a dance club and have a good time until it closed. I got my second wind and had a great time! I was easily the oldest person (chronologically speaking) at the club, but who cares! I was there to enjoy the music and dance!

There was this one woman there who kept drifting over to me on the dance floor and insinuating herself into my personal space. I never did figure what that was about. She would just come un and dance right in my face. I said "Hello" a couple times after she had made and held eye contact. She, on the other hand, never said anything and, after repeating this performance and then drifting off to another part of the dance floor a few times, she left for the upstairs bar. I saw her one time engrossed in a conversation with some guy a little later on.

I returned to the pub early this morning to retrieve my bicycle and ride home. My friend, the barman was there and invited me in for a cup of coffee. As I have said, It is now just after 09:30 and I am just getting home. What a great way to start a weekend! I can't wait to see what else the weekend has in store!

I hope that wherever you are, your day is filled with music and fun!

Don Bergquist - 04-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: