Thursday, March 02, 2006

Weather Report

It has turned cold over the last few days here in the UK. I guess that is the price one pays for the lovely days we have been having.

For the last few days the skies have been clear, the days have been sunny, the nights have been starry. It has been absolutely lovely here. But as any good thermal engineer will tell you, the cloud cover was acting like a blanket. It kept the warmth that the sun (what little of it there was) in place longer so that the days were warm and comfortable.

Steal the blankets and you're left shivering.

I have been getting my rides in after work when the temperatures are still relatively warm, but the other night I actually decided to wear a pair of gloves over my cycling gloves. The cycling gloves are padded to make the ride more bearable on my hands, the other pair was because it was frigging cold!

I hope wherever you are it is warm and pleasant for you today! If it isn't, stay inside...

Don Bergquist - 02-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don, Just got a chance to "catch-up" on your Blog. It remindes me just how sharp your humor is, and how much I have missed your Blog while I was occupied.
Lots of love, Gene seems to be doing quite well.

Call me at lunch, your time, I will be awake. Love Mary