Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Colors

There is only a single stop light on my ride into work. (There aren't all that many stop lights in the whole of Surrey, so I guess it is pretty amazing that one of them is on my way to work since I only travel about half-a-mile to the office!) I mention this because as I sat at it on my bike waiting for the red light to change, I got to thinking about how lovely the country is this time of year.

Yesterday on my ride around the circuit, I decided to take the detour through The Wilderness at Hampton Court Palace. It is early yet, but the color is starting to show. It was at this time last year that I first saw the lovely orange and yellow narcissus spreading out to cover the expanses of green lawns.

Over in Bushy Park, the blue lakes will be reflecting the indigo skies and the violet blossoms from the azalea bushes. Yes it certainly is colorful here this time of year. So is the language coming from the driver who wants to go through the intersection that I am blocking!

On the way to the office, there was a spectacular sunrise that has all the colors of the spectrum, unfortunately, I left my camera in the office and by the time I got in this morning, it was over.

I hope your day is splashed with colors!

Don Bergquist - 07-March-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom.

No comments: