Monday, March 06, 2006

By Request

The other day I got an entry in my guest book from a reader who wanted me to post some interior shots of the King's Arms. I know that it seems like I spend a lot of time here. (To tell the truth, I guess I do...)

The other day I was in the pub at a time when there were no people there so I could get some shots of the interior without having to worry about offending people by taking shots of them in the pub. So, follow the link above to see more stuff that you would see in the pub.

The King's Arms is a wonderful place. Pubs, in general are. I know that I talk about going to them. (A Lot!) But I have to stress once again: It is not all about the beers and ales. What I really love about the pubs is that they are the social centers of the village. Everybody goes to the pub. There is a family that shows-up frequently for a pint and conversation. They bring their daughter, Jennifer. I know Jennifer because she has her coloring books, pad, and crayons with her and sips her juice and colors while she is there.

I met her last year when she came over to the table my friends and I were sitting at and handed Angie a picture she had drawn. "Oh, it's lovely." proclaimed Angie and showed it to the table.

"I'm jealous." I said, "I didn't get a picture!" A little while later Jennifer came over and asked me my name. A little while later still, Jennifer came over and shyly handed me a picture of a spider she had drawn.

Conveniently, she had labeled it "Spider" at the top and had signed it at the bottom. I still have it on my desk at the office. I think it is cute. You never know! Jennifer may be a famous artist some day and this picture of the spider may be worth a small fortune. I really can't say. But I do treasure it as a token of my trips over here.

I hope today you have a moment to consider something you treasure!

Don Bergquist - 06-march-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: