Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and
bumped his head
And he didn't get up in the morning!

(I don't think I ever really considered what a violent song that little children's ditty is!)

It's been running through my head this morning because, well, it's true today. It is absolutely pouring down outside and has been since I returned to consciousness this morning. At around six thirty, I rolled over and looked out the window at the deluge. Realizing that there would be no bike ride this morning, I rolled over and decided to doze off for a few more minutes.

At nine, the next time I woke up, I looked out and it was still raining. I got up and did a bit of housework, made some breakfast, and had a bit of a lie-in on the couch with the dog. It's now just about noon and I have friends coming over for lunch. The rain has slackened but not stopped all morning. I hope I can get a ride in this afternoon. I doubt it, though!

Ah well, I have friends coming over for lunch and need to get cooking.

Wherever you are today, I hope the weather is not obstructing your plans for the day.

Don Bergquist - 30 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: