Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sloth Mode

It's worse than slug mode! I awoke to a downpour at 06:00 this morning. So I decided to roll-over, get back to sleep and hope for drier weather later. "Hope" being the operative word in that sentence.

When I again opened my eyes at 08:30 it was still raining, not as hard, but raining none-the-less. So I lay in bed, dozing and thinking of what to do for a while and then went down to the kitchen to make coffee. I took a quick nip over to the convenience store to get the paper and spent the morning reading and waiting for the rain to end.

It turned-out that it was waiting in vain. It's not as if I don't have choices. I have plenty of things to do today! TV, read, nap, catch-up on email, my plans are flexible.

My colleagues, over from the states on business, went into town a short while ago. I was invited to join them, but as it is still raining, I really don't want to go out and beg the weather gods to take their best shot at me. I think I'll stay in today and watch TV. I've been lent Yes Minister, a classic old British comedy show and a movie by a friend. If the weather clears a bit, I may go to the store and get groceries for dinner. If not, there are plenty of leftovers here.

Wherever you are today, I hope your plans are flexible.

Don Bergquist - 24 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: