Friday, June 01, 2007

Oh! Grow Up!

Is nobody in this benighted country over twenty-one? Granted, I was standing in a bicycle shop, not known for hiring people who are incredibly old, but if you insist on being a child, could you please keep it to yourself?

So, there I was, last night, standing in the bike shop waiting for my bike to be returned to me (they were installing a couple accessories for me) and the person behind the counter and I were chatting as the announcer on whatever radio station they were listening to was chatting away about some song or other that was just finishing. The announcer mentioned that the song was something like a Muddy Waters tune.

"Who?" the guy behind the counter said.

"Muddy Waters." I responded. "Blues great, Muddy Waters… Big name in blues from the later half of the last century… surely you've heard of Blues!"

He stared at me as if I had just grown a tree out of my forehead. I gave up.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re surrounded by people who share your interests.

Don Bergquist - 01 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: