Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wanderlust

I haven’t traveled in weeks! I wonder where I will go next. Any ideas? I'd welcome comments for a good quick trip from London if anyone out there has any.

As for what I have in mind, I am thinking of perhaps flying off to Germany or perhaps Spain. Both are places that I have been thinking of going. I could also rent a car and drive across to the alps. It is a long drive, but it is complicated by the fact that I don't speak the language!

Perhaps I'll stick to the air! Getting lost in a place I do not speak the language, may not be the best idea.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're full of great ideas!

Don Bergquist - 06 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to visit Spain.
I'm halfway between Valencia and Alicante. One hour inland, very authentic Spanish town. You'd need to fly in and rent a car. But I'd be happy to show you around. It can be done over a weekend.

Best wishes

James

Unknown said...

James,

Thanks for the invite. I am certain that at some time I will visit Spain. Unfortunately, being a product of the Florida school system, I have a hard time keeping straight in my mind where things are in the world. I am pretty good at placing things that are in North America, less so in South America. I am getting pretty good at where things are in the UK (especially around Surrey) but once I get across the channel and into Europe, I get lost after the westernmost tier of the continent.

Everything west of France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany is pretty hazy in my mind. My thoughts on Spain are to visit some of the places that I can only vaguely remember from my years of Spanish classes back in Miami. I want to go to Barcelona to see La Sagrada Familia, I'd also like to visit some of the castles that I remember seeing in the text book. Where any of this is in relationship to anything else is completely unknown to me.

Drop me an email at the link on the main blog page and get in touch with me. I'd love to hear your input.

djb

CoastBoxOffice said...

What about Wales. Not a big drive but very nice countryside and you'll find some great pubs!

Gerard

Unknown said...

Hey, Gerard!

Long tome no chat, man! How goes it? What have you been up to? I hope things are going well down under.

Thanks for the comment, man. Actually, some friends of mine here have suggested that I go to the West Country. Cheddar, Cornwall, etc. I've had Wales on my list for a while… I want to go see some of the ruined castles. Well, I suppose I should do some more thinking about that one!

Have a good one man! Drop me a line sometime and let me know what's up with you.

Don