Monday, June 18, 2007

What A Bitch!

Saga is not on my good list today!

It's a good thing that there is no doggy Santa! Saga would be in for a lump of coal (or whatever bad little dogs get in their stockings) after her stunt of this morning.

At about 05:30 after getting ready to ride into the office, I put her out to do her thing. The problem was that she didn't want to get outside and do her thing. The rains of last night have left the grass wet.

And of course, she is such a priss that she cannot stand to have her feet touch anything wet. So she immediately went through the bushes and ran down the back stairs to try and get into the basement. Try as I might, I could not convince her to go out into the yard.

All I succeeded in getting her to do was to run repeatedly back and forth between the basement and the back door to the lounge, through the bushes on each trip, all the while getting muddier and muddier!

By 06:05, I finally gave up. She can stay in the mud room (the vestibule behind the kitchen) where I store her kennel. It has a slate floor so that should she fail to be able to hold it until I get back from the office, I can at least clean it up easily.

Unfortunately, the repeated trips through the bushes meant that it was time to get the mud off her. So, before I could leave for the office, I had to give her a bath! Needless to say, I had to change after that because I was covered in doggy bath water.

Grrr!

I hope that wherever you are, you have a wonderful day full of cooperation!

Don Bergquist - 18 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: