Monday, June 11, 2007

Back To Reality

What a lovely weekend! With all the stuff I did, I cannot believe it was only a regular, regulation, two-day weekend!

Today, I have to get back to the office. The office is going to be warm today. It is already 16º Celsius. (63º Fahrenheit) and it is supposed to push 25º (80º) today. In a country without air conditioning, that is not good!

I suppose I should get into the office and get to work. It is Monday, and there will probably be a bunch of stuff on my desk to follow-up on.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you'll have an excellent day!

Don Bergquist - 11 June 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah. It was 92 today, will be hotter tomorow, and I'll be running all week.

Get a fan, uncle Don. ;-)

-Andrew

Unknown said...

Andrew,

Thanks for your comments. Ah! How wonderful it must be to be so young and indestructible. Remember, however, my dear (crazy) nephew: I'm an old guy! I'm nearly as old as your dad!

Allow me to explain the difference between the heat of Alabama and the heat in London. Do one thing, the humidity here is quite high. For another, I cannot step into an air-conditioned house (or office) for relief from the heat and humidity. Granted, we have very few consecutive days that this is an issue. There was a stretch of about three weeks last summer that was unbearable. Other than that, the weather here is pleasant enough.

Oh, yes, one other difference: you can hop into your air-conditioned automobile to drive to the store for groceries or wherever else you go for whatever you need. I have only a bicycle for transportation. Once again, necessity is a mother.

And as to the suggestion to get a fan, moving hot, humid air around does not do a lot to change the fact that the air is hot and humid. The suggestion is noted, however. The truth is I sit below a ceiling fan, there is a fan at the door to the office that gets air in the office in general swirling slowly and another in my desk aimed so as to blow across me.

It helps a bit, but A/C would be better!

Have a great day!

Uncle Crazy Guy (A.K.A. Don)