Sunday, July 01, 2007

False Sense of Security

I have been lulled into a false sense of security. After a day and a half of non-stop rain, I decided to chance it this afternoon!

The ride, while the weather held out was lovely! I got to take some pictures, I had a lovely ride and generally enjoyed the day. But it was not to last! It was too good to last! The rain stopped! Oh! Joy! At 11:15 it was no longer sunny and the skies were clearing. Half-an-hour later it was bright and clear. I grabbed my bike and headed out for a ride. Wouldn't you know it! At the farthest point in my ride from the villa, the skies opened! It poured.

I grimly kept going. What could I do? I was in the middle of a field and it was pouring. I headed home. Arriving as the rain stopped. I popped down to the Newsagent's for a can of soup and some rum. I've now showered and changed into dry, warm clothing with a bowl of hot soup and a hot toddy. I am warm, dry and happy. I am now just waiting for the season finale of Dr. Who to come on to round-up the wet, miserable weekend on a high note.

Oh well, the best I can say is at least it wasn't snow or hail!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're warm, dry and happy.

Don Bergquist - 01 July 2007 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: