Monday, January 02, 2006

What to do in London on a bank holiday

They sure do take their bank holidays seriously over here! For those of you who do not know what a bank holiday is, it is basically what would be called a federally accepted holiday in the states. The banks are closed as is pretty much everything else but the pubs.

I have people who have come over from The States on another project staying at the corporate house with me. Today they have gone into London to do some site seeing. I can imagine that they will have fun. I think that I would probably have more fun alphabetizing the bottles in the spice rack than I would dealing with the crowds on this, a bank holiday. Luckily, I have plenty other things to do today.

After having a leisurely lie in (I stayed in bed until nearly eight!) followed by a breakfast of Cottage Potatoes, Corned Beef and Eggs, I read a book for a while. I took a ride down to the bicycle shop to see if they had a sign telling me when they will be opening after the holiday and finally, I logged-on to do a little paperwork and check my email. The rest of the day will be dedicated to the fine art of practicing that cardinal virtue: Sloth. (Or is that one of the seven deadly sins... I can never remember!)

Later this afternoon I have to walk into East Molesey. It seems the other night the restaurant I had dinner in accidentally double billed my credit card. It can be fixed in a jiffy. Then, whilst I am there anyway, I guess I will pop into The Kings Arms for a quick pint with my friends. I will have to make it one or two... No more... As it is a work day tomorrow.

I hope that wherever you are today, you can practice your favorite virtue (or vice).

Don Bergquist - 02-January-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: