Monday, January 16, 2006

The Liongate

Yesterday's entry was getting a bit long so I decided to cut it in half and move the other half to today.

My route yesterday was to ride over from Thames Ditton to Bushy Park by way of Hampton Court. The total distance to Bushy Park is about two-and-a-half miles. Once in the park, I rode down to the wilderness gardens and over to the Teddington gate.

Teddington is a really cool little village (a lot like Thames Ditton, really) that has some very neat old houses, a train station and a few nice looking pubs. While in Teddington I discovered the house that I intend to buy next week when I have won the lottery. It is just up the road from the Teddington Railway station; a nice little cottage that (and this part is unusual for this part of the country) has a two-car garage.

After riding around Teddington for an hour-or-so, I headed back into Hampton Court and took these pictures while waiting for the pub to open.

Last evening, after going home for a bite of lunch I road into Kingston, then down to Esher. I was so tired when I got home. I have no idea how long the actual ride was, but I decided I should use the good weather as long as it was holding.

I hope that you have a great day where-ever you are!

Don Bergquist - 16-Jan-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: