Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Brian, Back at the King's Arms

My friend, Brian returned to the United Kingdom yesterday. Unfortunately, Jennifer was unable to get away and get back with him. I was glad to have a chance to engage Brian in conversation again over a pint. It has been quite a while.

Brian and Jen came to Colorado to visit me when the moved to the states last April. They invited me to come and visit them in Madison, Wisconsin, but that will have to wait until I am back in the states for a while.

Here is Brian mugging for the camera. The link at the top of this entry will bring you to my folder on Shutterfly where pictures of the gang at the table are stored.

It was a fun evening, Terry and Angie, and Kevin were all there. We were also joined by John and Missy (two of my coworkers who are over here on business as well). The conversation free-ranged from Red Dwarf to the political scene in the States to why some of my friends (apparently) think I should try and get back with my old girlfriend.

That seems to be a hot topic of discussion of late. In the past few days I have been asked at least half-a-dozen times about the woman I was dating last year. In short, it isn't going to happen. The more they ask me to talk about what went wrong with that relationship, the more I am convinced that I did the correct thing in breaking up. But this is not an entry about my dating life (or lack thereof) it is a tribute to my friend Brian and his return to the United Kingdom and The King's Arms. Welcome back, Brian! Jennifer, you were missed, wish you could have been here too!

I hope you are where you want to be today and that you are welcome in the arms of friends wherever you are!

Don Bergquist - 18-January-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: