Friday, January 27, 2006

Being Bad ~ Being Good

When considering the food and beer and fun I have had since my last weigh-in last week, I cannot imagine what my weigh-in at Weight Watchers is likely to be. It will most assureadly not be in the negative areas.

When trying to think of a word to describe how I have been on my diet this week, the word "bad" springs to mind. But not just any version of the word "bad." Specifically I can hear my old friend Kelly in her imitation of a child waggling her finger at me and saying "you wer baa-aa-ad!"

But it was so good! The beer in Belgium is ubiquitous; and there is certainly no dearth of good (uh, I mean 'bad') things to ear. I can excuse that - I was on vacation...

But since I have gotten back, I have not really been much better. I have had dinner in the pub once this week, skipped dinner the next night because my coworkers and I went out for beers. went over to Molesey for dinner with my friends there. They wanted to introduce me to a dish that Terry makes with Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Stilton. If I pretend that cheese is a vegetable, I may have less trouble thinking of that wonderful meal the other night as anything but 'bad' but how can it be bad when the meal was so good - and when the company was better than the food!

Then last night, my coworkers and I drove into Esher to have dinner at this wonderful Mexican restraunt (Mexican - over here? They can get excellent Mexican back in Colorado!) that they had been told about. Apparently, it was so good that they could no longer bear to sell it off. The restaurant has been closed for the past few months.

I'm so confused! Another friend over here, Dave, and I were chatting last week and I had told him that I have a bad habit of gaining weight over here every time I visit and I was determined not to do so this trip. I was going to be good! For reasons unknow, Dave decided this was to be taken as a chalenge. He bought me another pint.

With friends like mine...

I hope that today you can not worry about being bad or being good and just enjoy your day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist - 27-January-2006 - Thames Ditton, Surrey, United Kingdom

No comments: