Monday, October 06, 2008

When Will I Learn?

I should probably refrain from making plans... I should definitely refrain from making plans that I have made public! That is the surest way to make sure that they don't happen!

So, the plan had been to have brunch with everyone, head back, toss the last few things in the car and head west. Yeah... How'd that work out? About as could be expected. But it was a lovely morning.

We all commented on how we had gotten the best possible weather for the family gathering and then got the crap weather to follow-on. But it was cool! We had a nice swim and then went to Chip's favorite restaurant in Alex for brunch. Unfortunately, the line was such that we couldn't actually get a table so it was off to "Plan B". There is a wonderful steak house called "Whiskey Creek" that serves some really nice steaks... We got a table without any delay.

Afterward, I was feeling the need for a quick nap, Mary was feeling the need for a quick shop. So the guys all headed back here and the girls went off to the antiques shop. My quick nap lasted far longer than I had planned so I stayed the night.

It is now just after one and it is time for me to get going. I have to get back to Denver. It is still raining pretty good here, but the weather map looks like I should be out of it soon... I'm off to pack the car. More soon...

Wherever you are today, I hope the road rises to meet your feet and the wind is always at your back! Good travels!

Don Bergquist - October 06, 2008 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: