Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

I dearly love my family and love the time I can spend with them, but it is so nice waking up in your own bed! Isn't it?

The drive was lovely! Saga was a complete angel. We started rolling right around two, the rain changed to a steady drizzle as soon as we left Douglas County and had all but quit by the time we reached Sioux Falls. The rest of the way through South Dakota it was overcast and cool, but as we crossed into Nebraska, the skies cleared, the temperatures rose and so did our spirits.

We made it back to the area around Denver after 12.5 hours of driving and spent the next ninety minutes trying to navigate the rush-hour traffic. This morning, having emptied the car, and unpacked, I think it is time for me to do some laundry, cleaning and chilling... I had already planned today as a vacation day (just in case - this time of year you can never tell what the roads will be like) so I am going to chill at home today.

Wherever you are today, I wish you a pleasant day!

Don Bergquist - October 07, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: