Friday, October 03, 2008

A Fine Fall Morning

Yesterday was a beautiful day and this morning has dawned bright and clear as well. After a leisurely breakfast and a few games of cribbiage, my sister, my folks, and I all headed out early for a drive in the country and a walk through the Runestone Park. My dad was on the park board for years and they have just recently expanded the parklands.

Dad wanted to show us the new areas of the park. It was a lovely morning and the walk through the woods was quite enjoyable.

Later-on we drove up to Ottertail County. Here we visited Inspiration Peak; a glacial deposit hill about 400 feet above the surrounding terrain. At about 1,700 feet, it is the second highest point in Minnesota. It is a nice walk and a great view.

Today, we're off to the family homestead to dig horseradish.

Wherever you are today, I hope your day is lovely!

Don Bergquist - October 03, 2008 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: