Sunday, October 19, 2008

Game Night

My October Game Night was last night and what a blast!

I had the largest group that I have ever had for a game night; sixteen people if you count the two children who were too young to enjoy the games. I really enjoy getting together with friends each month at these game nights!

Saga does too! There are so many people around and so many opportunities to snatch a snack off a carelessly unattended plate; so many people who might accidentally allow a Saga Snack to hit the carpet! I swear, my friends must believe that I never feed the poor thing based on the way she behaves once the party snacks go out!

The early arrivers and I played Trivial Pursuit while waiting for the people who were delayed... it was not pretty. My partner and I were used to mop the floor! It was embarrassing! Once the whole group was together and we all had our wine, beer, beverages, and/or snacks, we started a few rounds of Werewolves of Miller's Hollow... What a great find. I really do enjoy this game.

I am going to have to create cheat sheets, though. I forgot a couple of the rules (I haven't been playing it all that long) and am sure that I confused a few of the newer players because of inconsistent application of the rules. Ah Well! That's easily rectified!

The last of the guests left around ten and left me very little to do. Against my insistence that I didn't need help the last few guests went around collecting trash and detritus; stacking the plates and glassware in the sink. Basically, I had a little straightening and loading of the dishwasher to do when they left. This morning, I realized I hadn't started the dishwasher, so it is still running. I got the vacuuming done after Saga and I went for our morning walk. I am sitting here enjoying the memory of a good evening with good friends; sipping my coffee and petting the dog. What a lovely morning! And now, am looking at the prospect of a lovely day with no plans. What a great thing to be looking forward to!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are looking forward to a wonderful conclusion to a great weekend!

Don Bergquist - October 19, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: