Monday, October 13, 2008

Foggy Morning

The front has passed - as has the weekend.

This morning it was well below freezing when Saga and I went out for a walk in her park. The fog was thick as soup and the rain was over. Heavy wisps were rising from the river and lake in the park.

I had been looking forward to the first snow of the season, that all the local stations had been predicting for the weekend, but the rain never froze... it stayed a steady drizzle more-or-less all weekend. And even though the drizzle was never heavy, it was steady. I dropped an inch of water out of the rain gauge this morning.

It was good to plan nothing this weekend. I got some projects done at home, went out and bought some furniture, and had a fun time vacuuming and shampooing the carpets. What a productive thing making no plans can be!

Today, I am working from home, I have a contractor coming by to do some work. So I guess I should post this up and get to my writing. It is good not to be on the roads, both the morning newscasts I have watched say that the bridges are icy.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have a great day!

Don Bergquist - October 13, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: