Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Parkinson's Law

I am not sure how she learned it but Saga has apparently learned Parkinson's Law. For those of you not familiar with it, Parkinson's Law states that:
"Any job will expand to fill the time allotted to it."
It does not seem to matter how early we leave for our morning walk, I always get back to the house in time to just miss the last check of traffic before it is time for me to leave... I actually noticed it the other day, but I felt I had to be getting paranoid. Yesterday we walked in just as the traffic guy was tossing to the weather girl.

This morning, I'll be damned if it didn't happen again. That may not seem too odd, but for the fact that we left for our walk way earlier than usual because I was awake and active way earlier than usual. She squandered all the extra time in the park sniffing grass three times instead of just twice, staring off into the darkened space, and generally taking her own sweet time of it.

How long has she been doing this to me? I can't believe it! It is a one-dog conspiracy! The bitch is trying to prevent me from knowing which route to take to the office. Perhaps it's just her way of trying to keep her daddy home with her.

Yes, I think I will go with that explanation. It's better than thinking she is just trying to make me sit in traffic.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having a great day!
Don Bergquist - October 28, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: