Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's The Last Week

Do you think that the RoboCalls will end with the election?

I can see the scenario under which the winner spends the next month sending us RoboCalls pointing out that the January 20th inauguration is tradition only and we need change NOW. I can also see how the loser may spend the next month making robotic calls to verbally wag the cyberfinger at us for having voted for someone who will ruin the country.

Please note, I have not made clear who would do what. The continued calls could be of the nature that "...the new president has ties to terrorism..." or that "...the new president is old and unstable..." it really could go either way.

There is also a scenario under which the country is deadlocked and the 2000 electile dysfunction is repeated on a national scale. Wouldn't it be too cool if we didn't know who the new president was until January 20th? (Note to the fates - that was what was called sarcasm!)

Whatever the outcome on Tuesday, I suppose I can turn back on the ringer on my phone after that. I had six messages this morning when I got up... (I failed to check it when I got in last night.)  One was a wrong number the other five were from the McCain campaign informing me that Obama was 1) probably a terrorist, 2) deceitful, 3) probably a terrorist, 4) probably a terrorist, 5) pro-criminal and against sending criminals to jail.

I'm so thankful to the McCain campaign for taking the time to tell me this... I may have missed the 32 minutes-per-hour of campaign ads they are running on television and radio. I may have been rendered totally insensate by the number or people who have come by my door in the past week to ask if I had considered voting for McCain.

It's too bad that I have already voted. I have been told that the campaigns are getting posted ballot updates so that they can remove people from their calling lists. So, since I cast my ballot over a week ago, I cannot fathom my prominent position on the calling lists of the campaigns. Hey, Mr. McCain: YOU CAN STOP CALLING ME! SAVE YOUR MONEY. MY BALLOT HAS BEEN CAST!

I do get occasional calls from the Obama campaign as well, but they are not of the calls I have gotten, they are about 8-to-1 from the republicans. Oh well, perhaps this is the last week of it.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will have a great day free of annoying RoboCalls. And if you are an eligible voter in the United States, I hope you have registered and will satisfy your responsibility to vote your conscience in the current election.

Don Bergquist - October 25, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: