Friday, October 24, 2008

Enough Already!

Damn! I wish I hadn't submitted my ballot yet! I'd love to be able to not vote for anyone who RoboCalls me! And If I didn't vote for you already, I'd deface my ballot to not vote for you more emphatically!

What's up with all the damn politicians calling me? I've voted already!

This rant has been brought to you by the ten RoboCalls I received last night. I finally turned off my phones (yes, I was getting them both on my land line and my mobile) around seven thirty last night. Enough already! Stop with the calls!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are not plagued with calls from political candidates!
Don Bergquist - October 24, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's what you get for living in a proverbial Battle Ground State!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I suppose... But I am not sure that this battle ground state would be any quieter if they actually were literally lobbing grenades at each other rather than it just seeming that way.

One of the local stations has done something cool, though... they are only running 00:10 promos in their 00:30 promo breaks. The remaining 00:20 they are running soothing music, pretty pictures and nothing else...

The pictures are emblazoned with the legend "Campaign Advertising Break" and a countdown to the next campaign commercial.

At least we get this brief respite!

djb