Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Indian Summer Continues

Oh! What a lovely day was yesterday!

It's just too bad I had so much to do at the office and had to spend the entire day hunkered down in my cubicle. I understand that the day was as lovely as the afternoon was. I left the office around 15:30 and was met by a lovely, warm afternoon.

All the way home I hoped that the last of my bulbs had arrived... that way I could do some garden work when I got home. But no such luck! So, instead of doing my gardening, I took Saga for a nice long walk, visited with a neighbor, and sat outside and read a while.

Of course, last night on the news they talked about how all this nice weather we're having is really a bad thing... Too dry, too warm, too bad! Ah, well! November starts this weekend and predictions are that it will be cold and wet. I guess we need it... it is autumn, after all!

Wherever you are today, I wish you a pleasant day!

Don Bergquist - October 29, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Sean Sutherland said...

I am officially going to make it snow soon by stating here that I am officially ready for the snow. There I said it, now it's gonna snow for sure.

Unknown said...

You silly person!

The surest way to make is snow is to follow this routine. Follow it to the letter if you want to guarantee snow:

1) Make plans for the weekend that call for you being outside all day.
2) Make sure that you cancel any other opportunity to do anything else that is fun or exciting.
3) Wash your car (it's kind of like rain, but the ice slicer is even worse for your finish than water spots!)
4) Leave the house on a lovely fall morning with no jacket and wearing sandals

Of course, you could just be like me; be a rain god on a good day…

djb

http://don-denver.blogspot.com/2005/05/i-am-rain-god.html#links