Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Too Good To Last

You knew that it was too good to last!

The brief cold snap that we've been having is supposed to end today. It was a lovely, foggy morning this morning as Saga and I walked along the chilly path in her park. The wisps of fog curled over the walls and the walks as we ambled along the path.

But that will end today when the thermometer once again begins to climb. I know, I know. You're probably thinking that I never seem to be happy with the weather I have, but that's just it! I love the changing weather. I guess it is the novelty that I love.

The first snowfall is great! But six weeks later when the weather has been cold and wet for a month and a half, I start longing for the spring. The first spring shower is great! But after a few days of the gloomy weather, I want it to get hot and dry. The heat of summer is great! But after a few weeks of temperatures that make me want to crawl into a cave and not come out until nightfall and I am looking forward to the first cold snap of fall. The fall colors are wonderful! But as the nights lengthen and the days become anemic, I start wanting the snow to fall... anything to find interest in the days.

And it is not as if I just want to wish my life away! If I could wish for last Fall, and last Summer, and the Spring before that, and the Winder before that and regress for a few years instead of advancing, that would be cool too. Or if we could have fifty two seasons a year... each about a week long! We'd never have a chance to get tired of the seasons! Wouldn't that be cool!?

I suppose I should just get out there and get to work and enjoy the now. It's too good to last. Good thing I'd tire of it soon anyway!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're enjoying living in the now!

Don Bergquist - Septemer 09, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: