Friday, September 19, 2008

Secret Ballot

I vaguely remember learning during my Civics classes in school that we have something called a "Secret Ballot" in the US. While I can understand the concept behind political advertising... I mean, if you want to sell anything, you need to advertise.

What I don't get is the concept behind political bumper stickers!

For one thing look at how people act while in their cars! They eat, work, make phone calls, send text messages. It is as if they believe that you can't see them through the glass of their car windows.

And if that weren't enough, when was the last time you drove behind someone for any length of time that didn't drive you up a wall? Let's face it! People are at their worst when they are in their cars. What kind of persuasive powers does the lady re-applying her makeup as she drives have over you? That guy picking his nose, is he really going to sway your opinion? When was the last time that you found yourself thinking: "You know, that asshole who just cut me off, I wonder who he is voting for..."?

I've just had a truly evil idea: Everyone should plaster their bumpers with the bumper stickers of people the would never vote for and then drive around like total fraking morons. That would piss-off people and get them to vote for the candidate you support!

I'd love to see a bumper sticker that encourages people to think for themselves! One that tells people to quit following the crowd. It is okay if you are following me, but you don't have to follow my judgment!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will think for yourself!

Don Bergquist - September 19, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA
Bumper stickers available from
Uncle Don Cards
A Division Of
Frost Lake Photography

No comments: