Sunday, September 07, 2008

Game Night

The first Saturday of each month is my regularly scheduled game night. This Saturday (last night) was no exception! Around six people started arriving. It was a lovely evening, friends, companionship, and some children to console Saga after the trauma her morning had been.


The games were fun. We played two games, one starting before the group was complete and the other starting when our numbers were full. The first game was Mille Borne. I haven't played that for years! Later, we played Quiddler and it was fun. About half of us had played before but the rest hadn't so we played a trail round so that everyone could get the hang of it before the scoring started.

There was wine and beer and vodka passed around and the dips that my guests brought were yummy! I put out some sliced fruits and some dips that I had made for them, white chocolate for the strawberries and butterscotch for the apples. Yumm!!!

The evening broke-up around eleven, I saw my guests out, walked Saga, loaded the dishwasher, cleared away the detritus and retired for the night. This morning I am having a relaxing time in slug mode. Coffee on the terrace with the morning glories all around, Saga popping her head out occasionally to see if I was still there and not sneaking off to somewhere fun without her. It was lovely. But this morning, I have to eventually drag myself back to reality... I have laundry to do and the dishwasher to empty. Ah! But the morning is lovely as long as it lasts!

Wherever you are this morning, I hope it you have a good one!

Don Bergquist - September 07, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: