Monday, September 15, 2008

New Additions To The Blog

I know that I am only one guy, but I am one guy that has a number of people reading my daily rants. I have a feeling I may be losing audience here, there being fewer pictures and more politics in my blog of late, but in my view, everyone has a reason to be motivated in this election.

If you are the kind of one-issue voter that doesn't really care what-else your candidate stands for, then this is not the place for you to be hanging-out for the next few weeks. (You're welcome, but you're likely to read a number of things that you may find incendiary.)

If you're the kind of voter who votes based on what your friends tell you to do, then this is not the place for you either. I'd be happy to tell you who to vote for, but why should you trust my judgement? My personal advice to this kind of voter is this: "Stay home on election day! If you don't care enough about the country and the process to research the candidates and the issues, and vote your conscience, you will get the government you deserve... if not the one you want. History is rife with despots that came to power because of an apathetic populace."

If you're the kind of voter who is offended by the pandering of the politicians to the masses and the media, then the new additions to the blog are for you! I hope that over the next few weeks (when I get onto my personal soapbox) you will find your voice and speak up. And I am not looking for comments from just those people who agree with me politically.

Politically I am all over the map; socially liberal - the government should not be in the morality business, I tend toward the conservative side of the spectrum on fiscal issues. On some issues I am positively Libertarian. It is hard to find someone who agrees with me on everything.

What I am looking for is an open and honest political dialogue. If you have an opinion, please post a comment. I've added the RSS feeds for FactCheck.org and for Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting to the sidebar... I hope you will find some of the stories on these feeds interesting.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will take an active role in your community today!

Don Bergquist - September 15, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: