Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Lovely, Cool, Early Fall Morning

Morning came early today! Saga roused me from my slumber before six this morning.

I'm not sure if she failed to suss-out that it was a weekend or if she just decided that her daddy had had enough sleep for the morning, but there it is. Around six this morning, I awoke to the sudden addition of two-stone of Canaan Dog suddenly materializing on my chest.

The sudden materialization was accompanied by her hot breath in my face, possibly as she sniffed at me to see if I was perchance eating something while softly snoring the night away. This was followed by an energetic licking of the face and a quick game of "Push The Blankets To The Floor!" Having robbed me of my lovely slumber and my cozy covers in the course of a couple minutes, she bounded off down the stairs again...

I never did sort-out what precipitated the sudden entry into the world that greeted me this morning. By the time I was downstairs, she was happily snoozing again on the couch. It was a strange way to say "Good Morning" I'll give you that!

So, I've done some laundry, done some housework, listened to the morning news on the radio as I worked and now it is almost lunchtime and I have most of the day still ahead of me. I think I will go to the farmers' market. There should be one somewhere around here. I need some veggies for the week and it would be a good way to pass a few of the lovely weekend hours.

Perhaps then I will come back home and take a nap! Yes, that sounds nice!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Don Bergquist - September 20, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: