Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Smoking

Those of you who know me well, know that after eleven years of not smoking, I started smoking again last year. Yes, I know, it was a stupid move and the reasons for it are not anything I want to get into. Suffice it to say that I want to quit and am going to quit.

To this end, I have been looking for a good hypnotherapist in the area that I can work with. I have been looking for someone whose style is what I am used to and finally I've found one that I like. I had my first appointment last night and voilĂ ! No cigarettes on my way home from the appointment. I did get the urge to have one this morning on my way into the office, but was sated after two puffs and so almost immediately put it out.

I expect that after my next appointment next week, I should not have the urge in the morning on the way to the office. (Driving has always been one of the times I enjoyed smoking the most.) Wish me luck!

Wherever you are, I hope your day is a good one!

Don Bergquist - September 03, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Best of luck to you. The following photo says a lot about the end game. http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelmowerymedia/2833062113/

Unknown said...

Yes, I loved those the first time I saw them in Canada where the first ones I saw read "Smoking Will Kill YOU!" and "Smoking Causes Brain Damage In Unborn Children."

Of course, I always wondered what unborn children were doing smoking. I mean, where did they get the cigarettes anyway?

But yes, thanks for the best wishes. I have not completely stopped, but I have cut back to a couple a day. And those I tend to light, take a couple of puffs off of and then put it out. I expect I will have quit again by this time next weekend.