Monday, September 08, 2008

Soup Weather

Soup weather is here, folks! Ladies and Gentlemen: Start Your Cauldrons!!!

The cool nights and mornings have put me in the mood for soup! I love this time of year! It is great time to drag out the crockery and the cauldron and start simmering concoctions on low for hours on end. This morning the house smells of my latest creation. I'm taken some mixed beans and soaked them, par-boiled them, rinsed them well and then tossed them in the cauldron with some chopped and sautéed onion, celery and carrot.

Throw in a bit of pork for flavoring, and some rice to thicken the stock, bring to a simmer and a few hours later, you have a thick and hardy soup that sticks to the ribs on a cold evening and makes the house seem a little bit warmer. I think next I am going to try and get one that is based on my favorite curry dish from London: Lamb Sag!


Wherever you are today, I hope that you've got something warm and filling waiting for you at home!


Don Bergquist - September 08, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: