Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall Colors

It's that time again!

I love getting out and driving in the mountains this time of year. The sides of the mountains blaze in yellow, gold, orangem and red... It is a real spectacle. Looking through my photos for a few pictures to add to this blog entry, I noiticed that I haven't done this in three years! Hmmm... I wonder why. What could keep me from getting my autumn drive into my schedule?

Oh, yes! That's right... I haven't been here to do my fall drive!

The day was balmy down here in the piedmont, but up in the passes the snow had already fallen... Having had lived here a while I knew that the temperature at how was no indication of what the weather up there would be like. So I was prepared and had a jacket with me...

The last time I did my fall drive was just after I blew-out my knee boulder climbing up in Boulder Canyon! I was in a brace and walking with a cane, but I still made it up to the foothills and made it out of the car to take pictures.

The Day didn't disappoint. I took lots of pictures; a few of which turned out really well.

The forecasts I have heard is that this weekend and next are supposed to be be the prime viewing times for the fall colors here in Colorado. I guess I should get out there and have a drive before I head off to Minnesota.

Look for those pictures when I return!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you will have a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - September 25, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: