Thursday, September 04, 2008

Strange Bedfellows

I guess on the whole, I should not find it strange at all, but when I first heard her speak on the news yesterday, it did. Laura Schlessinger (a.k.a. Dr. Laura) is fully behind the candidacy of Sara Palin. I get it from the point of view that they are both extreme right-wing advocates of some extreme ideals. What I don't get is Dr. Laura's sudden conversion.

Interviews I have heard (as well as clips from her advice show) would have lead me to believe she would not support this. Dr. Laura generally espouses the theory that working mothers is tantamount to child abuse. So why, now, does she think that questions about whether-or-not Ms. Palin has children is sexist. Strange!

But then, it just goes to show that the far right has no logic behind it! But then neither does the far left. Extremists on either side are equally logic-free... It should be an interesting race!

Wherever you are today, I hope you'll have a great day!

Don Bergquist - September 04, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: