Monday, September 01, 2008

Home on the Holiday

I can remember the very moment that Colorado became home. It was after a long and difficult business trip some years ago. The car met me at the airport and as we drove into the bowl of the Denver Piedmont on our way to my home up against the foothills I realized that this was truly "Home."

It's partly the friends I have here (which is not to say that I don't have very dear friends elsewhere), it's partly the atmosphere, but mostly it is the beauty of the place and how much I love being here. While walking the dog in the evenings I get to watch the sun setting over the leading ridges of the Rockies. In the mornings, the sunrise plays on the hogback, doing wonderful things with the light.

On the weekends, I can go for a drive in the mountains or just chill by the pool. And that is what I am going to do today! Just chill. It is going to be a wonderful holiday!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're at home doing something that you want to do!

Don Bergquist - September 01, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: