Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Quiet Morning At Home

Well, it's a morning at my parents' home...

It is a lovely, relaxing morning too. Saga and I turned in early, it had been a long day and the evenings are coming early this time of year, so some time after eight we wandered off to our room. This morning, Saga woke me when she realized that there was someone stirring in the house...

Dad's dog, Sunshine, was sniffing at the door - probably wondering if Saga was ready to come out and play. It's not as if I hadn't been awake for a while, but it was a surprise when Saga pounced into the middle of the bed and assumed her defensive stance... the one she takes when she has seen (or heard) something that needs all her attention.

Well, that was when the smell of coffee came wafting into the room. I assumed my attentive stance! We made our entry into the house for the morning. I'm now sipping my second cup; the sun is just coming up over the woods to the southeast; my folks are chatting with my sister who has called from Florida. Later this morning we're headed into town to run some errands.

What a lovely, quiet morning. Very homey!

Wherever you are this morning, I hope your morning is a relaxing one!

Don Bergquist - September 30, 2008 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: