Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Storm Passes

All-told I have about eight inches of snow on the lawn. It looks lovely sitting there in the hollow between my building and the one across the yard. That will not last long. Already there is a discernable path of one of my neighbors and their dog here they walked across the lawn early in the storm. There is also the single set of tracks left behind by the guy who shoveled the walks. After he shoveled up to my place, he walked across the lawn to the next building and shoveled out from Michael's door.

From everything I have heard, the roads are good, a bit icy in spots, but not bad overall. I am, however, going to give myself extra time to make it to the train station. With the derailed train yesterday still eliminating the last three stops from the line, I am pretty sure that the spill-over will reach-up to the station where I park.

If too many people have made the connection, the train is likely to be packed even this early. I suppose I should wrap this up and head-on out.

Wherever you are, I hope you're having an excellent morning!

Don Bergquist – December 12, 2007 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Thames Ditton it is currently cold and miserable but no snow.

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous Reader:

Thanks for the update! Sounds Great! It has only been a couple weeks since I left, but I am still having problems sorting in my mind that I am here for good rather than there. I keep thinking of all the great places I went while living in Thames Ditton, all the great people I know over there, all the fun things I did.

It is interesting, but I keep having to remind myself to use the Lakewood, Colorado dateline when I am writing in the blog. I keep trying to sign-off “Thames Ditton” rather than “Lakewood, Colorado.” The place gets into your blood.

Of course, I know that were I there, I would be missing my friends from the US, wishing (as I was riding my bicycle to the office in the miserable, cold, foggy rain) that I had a car there so I didn’t have to pedal everywhere, and wondering what things were like back home in the states.

Oh well, I am sure that the UK has not seen the last of me.

Thanks for reading and for posting the comment.

Don