Friday, December 07, 2007

Freezing Rain And Snow

Listening to the weathercast this morning, I think it was a good thing that I have decided to take the day off and do some work at home. Channel 7 is calling for rain this morning with falling temperatures and freezing rain or snow by nightfall.

It is good that I have nowhere to be until tonight. My company Christmas party is on for tonight and I am looking forward to seeing people I haven’t seen for most of the past two years!

Qwest has scheduled a technician to come out today and sort-out why I have no internet and other than that, I have nothing on my schedule for the day. It is gray and dreary out there so I am not at all upset that I have no plans to leave until this evening.

When Saga and I went to the park, she didn’t even want to chase the prairie dogs… it was out, purchase some real estate, and get back in. It wasn’t so much that it was cold; it was pleasant (except for the mist). It was misting pretty heavily, though. It was very much like I remember from so many mornings in London. That heavy, thick form or precipitation that is too wet to be fog but too fine to be rain.

According to what they were saying on the local National Public Radio station this morning, we’ve already hit our high for the day… 22ยบ (Fahrenheit – that’s about -5.5c). Woops! Saga is barking… I’d better go check and see if the Qwest guy is here.

Wherever you are today, I hope you’re warm, comfortable, and happy!

Don Bergquist – December 07, 2007 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: