Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hibernation

I can understand why bears hibernate! What a miserable day outside.

Saga ran outside, took one look at the snow that has been falling since last night, and came back in. I had to coax her to go out and take care of her morning ablutions. After having taken Saga out, I crawled back under the duvet and enjoyed a nice leisurely morning reading and listening (well, half-listening) to Christmas music on my PC.

Saga came and curled-up under my arm while I was reading and promptly fell asleep. The party last night was great! There were a lot of people there that I hadn’t seen in quite a while. I sat at dinner with some old friends and caught-up on what has been going on with them.

After dinner, I danced a bit and then headed home. The roads were getting bad, but nothing like they are this morning. The snow started falling as I was headed to the party and continued unabated all evening. The news this morning said: “If you don’t need to be somewhere today, stay home.” How wonderful! The local television station is affirming what I wanted to do anyway!

I may take a walk in the snow later on (it would be alone, Saga will not enjoy that) but then again, I may not. It is a good day to watch movies and drink a toddy or two.

Whatever you find yourself doing today, I hope you’ve got a great day to do it!

Don Bergquist – December 08, 2007 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: