Monday, March 12, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Walkabout (Part III)

What an AMAZING weekend! Lovely weather, time in a beautiful city and time to explore it all! I have to remember to stop by the concierge desk as I am leaving today to thank Andrew for all his advice and guidance on putting together my itinerary!


The fish market was interesting, and the walk was absolutely lovely. I really loved the walk across the Harbour Bridge and the time I spent seeing Sydney! After visiting the fish market, I came back to the hotel, grabbed my tablet, went to a coffee shop and caught-up on my email while waiting for it to be a somewhat reasonable hour to start walking around.

One surprise of the day: I stopped in at a harbor-side amusement park. Luna Park is a cute little amusement park with a handful of rides and some great views of the city. I spent a few hours there yesterday morning after walking to Manning across the bridge.

But as this is a business trip, I returned to my hotel in the afternoon to get some review done for some meetings I have scheduled here in the office today. I am meeting with some of my colleagues on the things we have done for the client and then, this afternoon, I fly on to Canberra.

It has, all-in-all, been a lovely stay in Sydney, the only bad thing that has happened (aside from a slight sunburn) is something I cannot tell whether I have myself or the hotel to fault. I have been sleeping fitfully for the past couple nights.

The first night I slept like the dead – I am sure this was partly because I had not slept for much of the preceding two days… and due to the fact that I took a sleeping pill. But for the past two nights I have tossed and turned and not been able to get comfortable. I cannot determine if the bed is uncomfortable, I am in pain from all the walking, a combination of the two, or if it is ascribable to just trying to get used to new surroundings. I could have taken a pill, but I don’t like doing that unless absolutely necessary. I may do that tonight in Canberra just to make sure I am in tip-top shape tomorrow morning.

We’ll see…

Wherever you are today I hope that you have had an excellent weekend and wish you a good and productive week!

Don Bergquist – 12 March 2012 – Sydney, NSW, Australia



No comments: