Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – More Waiting


This is getting old!


According to the gate agent here at SFO, I have no seat assignment. (I had hoped that they had called me because of an upgrade – no such luck!)

She looked truly perplexed when I presented a boarding pass with a seat assignment. “How did you get a seat?” she asked – as if she expected that I had somehow hacked the system and assigned myself a seat without their knowledge.

“I got it in Denver when I checked-in.” I responded. “If you need to move me it is no problem, but I would prefer to stay on the aisle if I could.” I smiled as if to voice my unspoken commiseration with the frustration the change of systems had imposed on her.

Wordlessly she thrust my boarding pass pack at me.

When nothing else was said for a couple minutes, I assumed the transaction was over and I walked off to find a seat in the waiting area. Well, it is pretty late here, perhaps she is at the end of her shift; perhaps she took my comment as snarky; perhaps she is just a naturally rude person – who know!?

They will be calling the flight in about thirty minutes… I am eighteen hours from Sydney!

Wherever you are today I hope that all waits pass quickly!

Don Bergquist – March 07, 2012 – San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, California, USA

No comments: