Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Stubborn Indecision


C’mon, people, what’re you waiting for!? I hate to say it but this year the Republicans are out-Democrating the Democrats!

 In a story that I heard today on one of the news podcasts that I follow an interesting article. Apparently, in the Ohio Super-Tuesday polling, the exit polls are showing an interesting trend. A surprising large percentage of those polled said that they had voted on the issues on the ballot only and had ignored the candidate question. Their reason as stated? They had yet to choose who they thought was the best candidate.

What? Really!? How much time do you need? This has been going on (and on, and on, and on…) for months now. It started when? 1950? Or does it just seem that way? 

One classic quote from one of the news stories was to be heard on the BBC news coverage… The correspondent was interviewing voter who said that she really wanted to like one of the candidates but that there was something that was bugging her about him. Something that was hard to put into words.

“It’s just something, I don’t like about him, something that I have trouble putting my finger on.”

Apparently sensing that the story was there but not without a real quote – or perhaps just voicing the frustration that we all (at least I know that I) feel over the process, the reported prompted with just one word: “TRY!”

Perhaps it is just me, but it certainly seemed that he was as frustrated with the seemingly endless series of debates and the constant stream of drivel being produced by the whole process. I know that I crave my days back in London where if you didn’t pay attention to the news for a couple weeks you could completely miss an election! Over there, they declare an election, the campaign goes on for a few weeks, they hold the election, they count the votes and it is over.

They don’t need MONTHS (or years) of this drivel to make a decision!


After the interminable serious of informercials that have gone under the highly misappropriate title of “Debate” and the even longer series of news and advertising messages aimed at the good people of Ohio, what are you waiting for? A sign on high?

Wherever you are today I hope you will make a decision on who you believe best represents your interests!

Don Bergquist – March 06, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: