Friday, March 09, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Arrival


The hotel is nice. The people are nice. The town is nice. I am so DARN tired!


I didn’t sleep at all! I did get to see the sunrise over the South Pacific. and finished the book I was reading, watched some movies, and basically had not too bad a time on the ride over. That was held for the actual arrival.

The passport control hall was packed, and people were getting irritated at the need to get through the line. I was too tired to protest as people shouldered their way past me in line to gain a better position. It just wasn’t worth it!

I have checked in and have gone down to the gym for a quick workout and a swim in the pool. Now, having transferred only my work PC to the valise, it is time for me to get moving.

On the map it appears that the office is only about a kilometer from here, the concierge concurred. He said that it is just a couple stops up the train line that is across the street from the hotel, but it is a nice day and I fancy that the walk will help me revive after the trip.

So, I am off – to explore the area of the city between my hotel and the office. There will be more time and more to explore this weekend but for now, duty calls!

Wherever you are today I hope that the boring parts of your day are behind you!

Don Bergquist – 09 March 2012 – Sydney, NSW, Australia


No comments: