Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Travelogue: Australia – Waiting


Well, that wasn’t so bad!


The car arrived ahead of time, which is a good thing! Since the conversion of United Airlines to their new computer system this weekend, everything has been hit-or-miss for them! It took me much longer than expected to get checked in because the system could not identify who I was.

Apparently 16 Feb 1962 is not a valid date for a birthday and there is no such place as the United States of America issuing passports! After failing to check-in online due to the errors and then failing at all my attempts this afternoon at the kiosk in the airport, the agent tried for what seemed like hours (but was more like 45 minutes) to get it to work. She now knows my passport number and spelling of my name by heart, I am sure – she keyed them in enough!

But then, security was a breeze, the airport is surprisingly quiet for this time of the afternoon, and I am sitting at the gate waiting for my flight. All is going well! I guess I will switch over to the Kindle app now and keep reading the book club selection for the month.

Wherever you are today I hope that all waits are short ones!

Don Bergquist – March 07, 2012 – Denver International Airport, Denver, Colorado, USA


No comments: