Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Tasks Completed

Well, dopey me! I got myself down to the home improvement store after work on Friday and was able to get the stuff that I needed for my projects this weekend and when I got home Friday, after walking with Saga over in her park, I dove right into getting the stuff done. I completely forgot to take "before" pictures for the blog.

The new curtains in the living room (in my humble opinion) look so much better than those horrible vertical blinds that have been hanging in my place since I moved in! They are about the same color (perhaps a shade or two darker) than the carpeting in the living room, and made of that faux suede material. I've hung them with a white sheer drape behind them.

Not only do they look better, they hang right and fall back into place after Saga gets on the chair and looks out the window between them. They block far more light and cut the glare on the television, but best of all, they are not see-through.

God! What an improvement! I can sit and watch television without the glare and without concern that people walking by can be looking in at me as they go. That wasn't the only thing I did this weekend, but by far it is the thing I am happiest about!

Wherever you are today, .I hope that your weekend has left you with a sense of accomplishment!

Don Bergquist – January 21, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: