Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Calm Before The… ???

I am not sure as to whether I should actually even bother believing the weather forecasts any longer! Sure, they are predicting snow for this afternoon, but then on Monday night they were predicting that the snow would be in the mountains. After my class on Monday night I walked out of the South Metro building, where the class was held, into a blizzard.

That was on the eastern side of the piedmont a good twenty miles from the foothills of the Front Range. The last time they predicted a big snow there was nothing on the ground when I got up. They did predict sunrise at 07:09 this morning and they predicted that it would be windy yesterday, so…

The reason I am on about the weather is that (with the exception of Monday night) we've been having some lovely weather here in Lakewood and so it is a shame that they are predicting snow for this afternoon/evening. I guess I'll bring my laptop home tonight "just in case." In the words of the great Thomas "Fats" Waller: "One never know… Do one!?"

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having good (or at least predictable) weather!

Don Bergquist – January 30, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: