Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good Morning Gone Bad

…and it seemed like it was going to be such a good morning when it started out!

Okay, so it started late! I decided to sleep-in. I deserve it. I have a class on Monday nights for the next twelve weeks and so I am not getting home 'til 23:00… who can really ask me to be up at 04:00?

Well, Saga can ask. She jumped on my bed as I was dozing and listening to the news… "C'mon, Daddy! It's a quarter 'til five and you need to get up and play with me!" was the clear message from Saga. So, out of bed I got, slipped into some warm clothing and went out with Saga to explore what nefarious deeds may be transpiring in her park…

The cloud cover was broken but definitely present. It gave the sky one of those eerie gothic feelings that make walking at night (or in the early morning, as in this case) sort-of fun and mysterious. Last night's cold front dropped no snow (at least not here in Lakewood) but it is really windy.

So, having checked-out the park, Saga is now laying in the easy chair here in my office as I write this. She is chilling and probably wondering why Daddy spends so much time staring at those glowing boxes on his desk! They obviously have nothing to do with getting treats for Saga…

Actually, I have just discovered that I have a mysterious debit to my checking account… unfortunately, I cannot get through to the bank to suss-out what it is for another couple hours. So I guess I will head into the office and worry about this later.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are not faced with any unpleasant surprises!

Don Bergquist – January 29, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: